Friday, August 7, 2020

From Writing Fiction to Non Fiction

Comics, novels and movies have been friends of mine after school and inspired me somehow to write stories. I also used to write diary when I was a kid, people said it's a good start to be familiar with writing and it's a good way to enrich your ideas on writing and I used to be inspired by those novels and started write a stories, poems, even songs lyric. I did enjoy writing poems and songs, I read and sang mine and people appreciated it. 

Besides writing, I used to draw to illustrate the stories I wrote. Then once I know digital drawing, I then transfer my story ideas into digital animation, although it was not as easy as manual, digital drawing and animation are more practical. I then started to love watching animated TV show and movies, mostly the 3D animated and tried to learn creating 3D image and animation which was apparently not as simple as it looks. However, apart from drawing, writing stories were still exciting for me
 
But, when I started my new role as a student at university, it changed my life. I got stuck writing an article, proposal, thesis or any other such academic manuscript composing words by combining other quotes is totally different kind of thing I could not write anything I want, because there is a rule there: 'your words are weak without quotes' 

I have a lot of ideas, but when it turns to convert them into written form (especially academic writing) it takes a long time for me to finally type something on a blank page. Start writing on a blank page is a huge struggle for me. Blank Page, it is kind of mountain to climb; Grammar, Vocabularies and Structures are such big rocks to jump over. I am not too sure that it's a proper analogy of writing process, but that's what I am thinking. The closer I am to finish my writing, it's like the more exited I am to reach the top of the mountain.

My ideas will be nothing without previous related literature stick on them. And now I am struggling with google, libraries, journals, e-books, databases to find what people call 'related literature' 
that now I call 'Literature Adventure', those quotes such jewelries to make my writing more beautiful and powerful thus can impress the readers. Otherwise, my Ideas are just invaluable words or even just a Blank Page.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Lifelong Learning Blogger Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template