Thursday, January 30, 2020

Hostels in Bangkok, Thailand (Review)

Hostels are one of the most favorite accommodation types for solo travelers, as it practical and affordable. I've just come back from my first solo travel in Bangkok, Thailand. I chose to stay in a hostel as I spent most of my time outside and merely used accommodation to sleep and store my stuff. Initially, I was actually quite skeptical about staying in a hostel because we don't have enough private space and security. Below is my review about the hostels I stayed in:

1. GN Luxury Hostel
Address: 78, 9 Ratchaprarop Rd, Thanon Phaya Thai, Ratchathewi, Bangkok 10400, Thailand

This hostel located in the city center of Bangkok, Thailand. It is around 13 minutes' walking distance from Victory Monument. But if you carry a number of languages/bangs, I recommend you to take a taxi/grab. This hostel was surprisingly convenient and clean. It has a lift to reach all floors. My room is in level 3, so I didn't need to climb the stairs.
Hostel Lobby with a cafe on the left side
Common Room
Lift
The room for 8 persons
The bed with LCD TV
Shared bathrooms are available on every floor
1. Yellow Mango Hostel

Address: 68 49 Phetchaburi 7 Alley, Thung Phaya Thai, Ratchathewi, Bangkok 10400, Thailand

This is the second hostel that I stayed in. It is located near Phetchburi Street Food stalls, BTS Ratchathewi, Mosque and Muslim restaurants. This location is ideal for Muslim visitors, but of course, any visitors would love to stay around this location, especially those who love shopping as it is a walking distance to Platinum and Pratunam clothing market. Ok, back to the Yellow Mango hostel, this hostel is more homie comparing to GN Luxury hostel, as it has a pantry with a fridge and a microwave. It also provides a coin washing machine, but without a dryer, so you have to dry your clothes manually at the rooftop. However, for room convenience, I still prefer the GN Luxury hostel. Yellow Mango doesn't have lift, so you have to climb the stairs because all the rooms are upstairs.  you also are not allowed to wear shoes or slippers upstairs, the owner has provided shoe shelf under the stairs for visitors.

The room for 6 persons
Shared bathroom available on every floor
Bed with a small storage box

Rooftop
Pantry where you can have a meal and do laundry
Hostel cafe that sells home-made ice cream

So, ya that's it for now. Sure I will post more once I stay in another hostel :)










0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Lifelong Learning Blogger Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template