Friday, September 16, 2016

Movies that Have Changed my Life

1. The Pianist
The most touching emotional expression ever


Setting in World War II, this movie is based on the autobiography of Wladyslaw Szpilman, who worked as a pianist in a radio station. When the first German bombs fell, he and his colleagues were broadcasting live. Ever since the war blew up, he was struggling to escape from one flat to another, to avoid being killed. The plot might sound simple, but I would drown into the scenes played by actors with their tremendous acting. It is not surprising to me seeing the fact that Adrien Brody, behind Szpilman character, won oscar as the best actor.
This movie has inspired me to pass through adversity phase during my final year in an overseas university. Trying to survive to live everywhere around campus with uncertainty. No home, no family, and no job. I merely possess an amount of money on food by spending it as cheap as possible to stay alive until finishing my study.

2. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind 
The best transition I've ever seen in the film history

This movie reminds me of my long-term heartbreak. Back in the day, I used to envision getting my ex's erased from my memory, thus I did not need to over dwelling him anymore and could move on easily. But now I realize that this memory has taught me a lot of things about life and has shaped me as a better individual. If only I erased the memory, I would do the same mistake and never learn anything.
This is one of the messages the movie is trying to convey. Watching it, not only would make me drawn into the story but it would also make me feel rapture from the creative visual effect and the actors who showed their totality and made the flow so realistic.

I have watched some other so-called 'life-changing movies', but so far, these only two that have brought significant transformation into my life. Sure I will update once I have another.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Lifelong Learning Blogger Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template